Regional Alliance Manager
About the role:
As Forter’s Regional Alliance Manager in Japan, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive business development strategy to accelerate our growth in the Japan market. You will work closely with cross-functional departments to identify selling & partnership opportunities, cultivate strategic alliances, and build relationships with key stakeholders in the e-commerce, payments, and fraud prevention ecosystem. This role reports directly to the Head of Business Development & Channel Alliances for APAC with a high level of accountability to the Japan Country Manager who leads the in-country business for Forter.
What you’ll be doing:
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute a strategic business development plan for the Japan market region, aligning with the company's overall objectives and growth targets.
- Partnership Development: Identify, evaluate, and establish strategic alliances, partnerships, and collaborations which extends the company’s reach into digital agencies, system integrators, payment companies, and other relevant players in the ecommerce ecosystem to expand our market presence and reach.
- Sales and Revenue Growth: execute on business development activities that drive revenue growth via Forter’s indirect revenue generating channel of partners. Establish and track key performance metrics and KPIs to measure the success of business development initiatives.
- Negotiations: Oversee negotiations, contract development, and deal structuring. Ensure favorable terms and mutually beneficial agreements with partners.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with local & regional sales teams, global product, marketing, analytics, and operations teams to ensure alignment and seamless execution of business development strategies.
- Relationship Management: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients, partners, and industry influencers.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Proven track record of at least 5-7 years in sales, business development, strategic alliances, or related roles, preferably in the e-commerce, payments, or fraud prevention technology sector.
- Strong understanding of the e-commerce, payments, and/or fraud prevention industries, market dynamics, and emerging trends. Previous experience working with major payments companies, such as GMO PG, SB Payment Services, DGFT, and others extremely preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and closing complex deals and partnerships.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal abilities in both English & Japanese. You are a clear thinker, speaker, and writer - highly creative in messaging and visually presenting complex topics.
- Startup background preferred: comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements, with no hesitation to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever needed to help solve problems with a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel globally as needed, likely 4-5 times per year.
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including medical and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.