Sr Product Manager - Cloud
Who we are
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search.
Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
What we do
Kentik Cloud shows a unified end-to-end network view to, from, and across public clouds, the internet, and on-premises infrastructures. It supports all major public cloud environments, and provides details on path, performance, traffic, connectivity type, and associated costs. A newer module, Kentik Kube, currently in beta, takes eBPF and other telemetry to show all of the above in Kubernetes environments. Please visit https://www.kentik.com/product/cloud/ and https://www.kentik.com/solutions/kubernetes-networking/ for more details.
What you'll do
Are you an experienced product manager interested in helping to accelerate growth for a market-leading enterprise SaaS company? Do you dream about building your product on a platform that operates at Internet-scale for thousands of cutting edge companies, and is driving better outcomes for digital enterprises and network operators alike?
We are looking for a high-energy, dynamic Technical Product Manager to complement our team, and drive the vision, strategy, roadmap, feature prioritization, and delivery of the Kentik Cloud product. Our ideal candidate is an extraordinary cross functional leader, yet still hands-on technical across the modern tech stack, and has demonstrated experience in delivering highly successful SaaS products/platforms.
- Own the vision, strategy, roadmap, feature prioritization, and delivery of the Kentik Cloud and Kentik Kube products, with an emphasis on compressed timelines and rapid time to market
- Work closely with Engineering & Design to plan, build and deliver these products to market
- Act as a leader within the company and be a role model for the company culture
What you'll bring
Studies have shown that some candidates tend to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet most of the criteria - even if you don’t match all of the qualifications, your skills and experience could be valuable in this role!
- Proven track record in product management for B2B high scale enterprise SaaS products/platforms
- Strong foundation in networking, system, and distributed systems technologies
- Track record balancing the conceptualization of strategic initiatives with fast and iterative execution
- Enthusiastic and clear communication skills
- Passion for what you do, creativity, and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- A preference for seeking and solving the hardest and most meaningful problems, with a bias towards action
- Experience and interest in working with customers to listen, learn, and teach
Nice to haves:
- Strongly preferred - Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments, and fluency with key concepts such as VPC Flow Logs, Transit Gateways, VPC Endpoints etc.
- Strongly preferred - Product experience with physical and logical network device telemetry, particularly around cloud infrastructure and cloud-native network stacks and approaches (policy, automation)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes environments
What we offer
Kentik is a fully remote company that operates globally. We seek professionals that will help us thrive as an organization, and in turn, to broaden and enhance your career. We’re very thorough in the interview process to understand your skills and how they will relate to your successful growth here at Kentik. Our compensation philosophy encompasses a fair program for all in order to attract, engage and retain talented individuals who will drive our business and wow our customers.
The compensation range for this position is: Low – High. This range reflects the low and high end of the U.S. compensation range Kentik reasonably and generally expects to pay the hired candidate in this role. The actual compensation offered may be lower or higher than the stated range depending on various factors, including but not limited to:
- Experience with the skill sets required for success
- Demonstrated competencies and potential
- A geographic market-based approach
In addition to a great career opportunity, Kentik offers stellar benefits for our employees, which include:
- 100% of premiums are paid by company for health, vision and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Additionally, an annual Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) of $3,000 for an individual or $4,500 for a family
- Paid family & medical leave
- Open PTO, a quarterly Wellness Day, and a minimum of 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement account
- Home office reimbursement
- Stock options
Note: Benefits are as listed for all US full-time employees. For compensation, international applicants will be treated equitably in relation to the laws applicable within the countries in which we operate.
Come work with us
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We’re committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging, and is represented at Kentik.
We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture.
We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, and people of any age or family status.
Come as you are!
You will be working at a fast-growing, well-funded startup alongside industry thought leaders and network aficionados as we build the future of observability and set the high bar for how network operations and digital businesses should run. With a competitive salary and amazing benefits on top of the meaningful and challenging projects you’ll take on, we’re sure you’ll enjoy joining the Kentik team.