Senior Electro-Optic Subsystem Engineer
PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems than span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
The Advanced Interconnect (AI) Group at PsiQuantum investigates novel quantum and classical optical interconnections for networked quantum computing. The Senior Electro-Optic Subsystem Engineer will drive the research and development of a new quantum photonic interconnect platform that includes electro-optic packages and fiber-to-chip interfaces.
- Invent new solutions for modular photonic quantum computing.
- Drive the research and development of subsystem modules that include high-speed active photonic chips, electronic control chips, electronic and photonic packaging, fiber, and control systems.
- Responsibilities will include building and maintaining test setups, supporting multi-physics modeling of experiments, data analysis, and supporting the layout and design of photonic chips, electronic chips, packages, and boards.
- Excel in innovating in an R&D environment.
- Construct supplier agreements and manage suppliers in development projects.
- Interface with other teams to include the subsystems in system demonstrators.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Photonics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- 5-10 years experience in high-speed electro-optics design and test, especially using silicon photonics.
- Experience with fiber optics and expertise with sources of noise in fiber optics is required.
- Experience in the design and layout of photonic and analog chips.
- Experience with photonic and electronic packaging.
- Demonstrated excellence in solving ultra-high-performance engineering and multi-physics challenges.
- Experience with quantum computing or quantum photonics is beneficial.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
The range below reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all US locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.