Photonics Packaging Engineer
PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems that span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
Photonics packaging engineer is responsible for developing and implementing a robust and precise assembly and packaging process for optical systems comprised of optical fibers and photonic integrated circuit.
- Develop method to align attach fiber optic cables to photonic integrated circuits.
- Test assembly performance and improve the process.
- Identify key process parameters impacting the product yield and work with relevant teams to improve process control.
- Work with R&D team to transform proof-of-concept technics into a manufacturable process.
- Work with operation technicians and external contract manufacturers to implement a highly scalable manufacturing process.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Engineering or Physics.
- Experience working in an optics laboratory.
- Experience working with optical fibers, photonic integrated circuits, optical epoxy, alignment equipment.
- Hands-on experience in building experimental set-ups and carrying out optical measurements
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
The range below reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all US locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.