Director of Technical Marketing, Secure
Sysdig helps companies secure and accelerate innovation in the cloud. Powered by Runtime Insights, the cloud security platform stops threats in real time and reduces vulnerabilities by up to 95%. Rooted in runtime, the company created Falco, the open standard for cloud threat detection. By knowing what is running in production, Dev and security teams can focus on the risks that matter most. From shift left to shield right, the most innovative companies around the world rely on Sysdig to prevent, detect, and respond at cloud speed.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- Technical Marketing Leadership - build and lead a team of technical marketers; develop and execute the technical marketing plan
- SE Enablement - provide technical tools and presentations that improve productivity of SEs in the field and drive consistency from our top-level messaging through to our demonstration of technology value and differentiation (SE presentations, demos, reference architectures, etc)
- Technical Competitive Analysis and Positioning - lead competitive analysis efforts, including assessing competitive offerings and producing technical responses and proactive targeting to enable SEs and Sales.
- Technical Content Development - develop white papers, ecosystem solution briefs, threat research content, and videos to demonstrate the power of our technology and the value it delivers to Security teams.
- Technical Evangelism - present and articulate our solutions and key topics in, cybersecurity and cloud at industry events, webinars, partner events, etc.
- Technical Subject Matter Expertise for product launches - develop presales tools in support of a new product or solution launches, including working with field enablement on the transfer of knowledge to our SEs in the Field.
What we look for
- 7+ years experience in technical marketing, technical product management, or systems engineering in enterprise B2B, particularly cloud security and/or detection and response domain.
- Entrepreneurial thinker with an undeniable drive to win in security and the cloud.
- Strong communication skills - must be able to articulate complex technical concepts while also focusing on the customer outcomes behind it all. Technology storytellers are welcome here.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally
- Analytical, as well as Strategic – must be able to think through problems analytically and creatively, while considering the broader business implications.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $188K and $235/year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.
Something looks off?