Head of Brand and Content Marketing
Head of Brand and Content Marketing JD - Flexible / remote within North America
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
The Head of Brand and Content Marketing will oversee brand development, awareness, and content strategy. Brand and category development are key priorities for Sysdig as we continue our growth in Security and Cloud, and the Head of Brand and Content will play a critical role in shaping our efforts across the company. This is a leadership position with exposure to every part of the organization.
What you will do;
As the leader of the brand and content, you will ensure the Sysdig brand provides a competitive advantage in the market and long-term value to the business. You will work closely across business units and internal thought-leaders to establish category leadership, drive change across a wide variety of functions, and create unique value in the cybersecurity market.
This collaborative leader possesses outstanding brand positioning and content creation/strategy skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands how to motivate a team to produce exceptional work, and is a champion of the company’s culture. We are looking for a natural storyteller, with great vision and a passion for technology who can accelerate our growth.
- Develop and execute a brand strategy that drives awareness and perception for our company, and oversee a structured process for making decisions about how the brand will be represented globally.
- Develop compelling company narratives and contribute to foundational brand and product strategy documents.
- Work with marketing and product leaders to develop messaging hierarchies for key product launches and campaigns.
- Lead brand testing, and communicate with functional leaders and executives to inform their understanding of how various audiences receive the brand and value proposition.
- Develop and own the content strategy for the company, working cross-functionally to orchestrate the content plan and maximize the impact of our content, including SEO.
- Optimize website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO visibility and positional ranking on target keywords.
- Use performance data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
What you will bring with you;
- 10+ years of experience in B2B brand management. Foundation in marketing or business preferred.
- Experience in brand building and curation, including the development and management of corporate-level positioning, brand and style guidelines, and global brand governance
- 3+ years of experience in Cybersecurity, Cloud, and/or B2B software market segments
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action.
- Strong leadership, with demonstrated experience in hiring and developing diverse teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- You’re excited by growth stage environments, passionate about wrestling things to the ground, and eager to make decisions and drive the process.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
The U.S. annual salary range for this full-time position is between $170,000 and $209,000/year. This range represents a combination of annual base pay and targeted commission. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.
Something looks off?