Senior Curriculum Developer
Sr. Curriculum Developer - remote in the UK or East Coast US
Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is searching for a Senior Curriculum Developer to create, maintain, and deliver our customer enablement and education courseware covering Sysdig’s open source and commercial solutions.
We'd like someone who is excited to create scenarios to showcase the technology and feel very comfortable developing enablement material and exercises that walk you through different use cases. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
- Develop technical curriculum programs according to organizational requirements.
- Determine course content according to objectives.
- Liaise with other teams and attend meetings as appropriate.
- Design and develop practical labs including writing small functional applications and deploying them in containerized environments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and SMEs to determine customers' educational needs.
- Prepare training material (videos, presentations, labs, etc).
- Observe and evaluate the results of training programs.
- Determine the overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements.
- Assist in the production of video content.
- Help maintain our academy portal - publish curriculum, run reports, garner feedback.
- Deliver instructor-led courses and workshops, both online or in person.
- Occasional travel may be required.
What will you do?
- Create, maintain, and deliver customer enablement and education courseware on Sysdig’s open-source and commercial solutions.
- Develop scenarios to demonstrate our technology and generate educational materials and exercises for various use cases.
- Apply instructional design principles and best practices to ensure quality courseware.
- Write comprehensive documentation and develop training on technically complex topics in a structured and logical manner.
- Proactively drive enablement projects from inception to delivery, with minimal oversight.
- Assess competitive and technological landscape and research emerging technologies.
- Collect feedback and metrics from customers and training users, and propose actionable improvements.
- Articulate the value proposition of features/capabilities in alignment with marketing and product teams.
- Provide technical support to other teams and troubleshoot the training platform.
What you will bring with you
- Minimum 6 years of experience in curriculum development or related roles.
- Expertise in DevOps tools and methodologies, Docker containers, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Cloud Native, CIEM, CNAPP technologies. Cloud security experience is particularly valuable.
- Orchestration, Linux, and public cloud container services (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proficiency in 1-2 programming languages (Bash, Python, Go), markdown, and YAML-based authoring, leveraging APIs.
- Ability to quickly grasp and explain advanced concepts.
- Very Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)