Customer Reliability Engineer
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We’re seeking a client-facing Senior Customer Reliability Engineer in Milan with a problem-solving mindset to support and resolve the technical issues experienced by some of our highest-valued customers.
We are looking for a technically strong individual with a mix of technical support and engineering experience to work with our enterprise customers. You will be a key point of customer contact for resolving complex technical issues. You will also serve as a customer advocate, ensuring our customers are successful with their deployments, while continuously providing exemplary service.
- Work as an integral member of the technical support team providing incident management and customer problem resolution.
- Document issues, debug complex problems, and collaborate with Engineering (as required) to provide solutions.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting sessions with internal team members and customers.
- Assist in customer installation and integrations.
- Help with development of internal and customer-facing knowledge and documentation.
- Play a key role in the formulation of reliability processes and procedures.
- Triage and document bugs and enhancement requests as seen in the field, and through reproduction.
- Train and support other team members, business partners, channel partners (as required).
- Act as a product enhancement feedback loop with product management and engineering.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
What you will bring with you
- 5+ years of experience as a technical support/escalation resource for enterprises in a similar or related field (container management, cloud management, systems management, PaaS).
- Hands-on Linux experience.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Bash/Shell/Python, etc).
- Knowledge of software application monitoring frameworks.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills.
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer issues simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities.
What we look for
- Working knowledge of cloud/container computing and technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and other tools/platforms like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and / or Kafka.
- Experience in using or integrating with Systems Management technologies.
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software.
- Experience in application integration.
- Previous startup experience.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Career growth