Director, Customer Reliability Escalation Engineering
In the cloud, every second counts. On the leading edge of security, Sysdig stops attacks in real time by instantly detecting changes in cloud security risk with runtime insights and open source Falco. We are passionate open source enthusiasts at heart and technical problem-solvers who are continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure cloud-native applications.
We value diverse opinions and open dialogue to spur ideas. We believe in working closely together to achieve our goals, and since our launch, we have been flexible with when and where we work. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across remote teams.
And we’re a great place to work too – we’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and we won six workplace awards from Comparably this year. We have been recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest-growing organizations for the last four years.
We are looking for driven team members who want to join us on our mission to lead cloud security globally. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- Manage, mentor, and develop an elite team of highly technical Escalation Engineers and Escalation Managers
- Oversee the resolution of our most challenging customer escalations; by directly managing engineering prioritization, leveraging cross-functional resources, and reporting into stakeholders at all levels
- Work to reduce our customer’s reliance on support through advocacy and implementation of process, tooling, product improvements, training, documentation; as well as exploring new ways of enablement
- Partner with regional and global Customer Reliability Engineering leadership, engineering leadership, and executive leadership to deliver on strategic initiatives at scale
What you will bring with you
- Experience as a customer-facing technical support, technical crisis, or escalation manager for enterprises in the technology space
- Strong track record of attracting talent; scaling, developing, and building an effective team
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; ability to to influence cross-functionally, and earn the confidence of customers and partners at all levels
What we look for
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Containerization, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with security products, technologies, and competitive offerings
- Experience working in hypergrowth organizations and startups
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded, fast-growing company that has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic and transparent culture from the CEO down.
- We are leading the cloud security market.
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation, including equity opportunities.
- An international culture with employees in more than 40 countries.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mental well-being support for you and your family, a wellness alliance, and company-wide recharge days.
- Career growth and development opportunities.
We would love for you to join us! Please reach out even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description. We can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your background and passion will set you apart, especially if your career is unconventional.
Sysdig values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Sysdig is an equal-opportunity employer. Sysdig does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
The U.S. annual on target earnings (OTE) range for this full-time position is between $179,000 and $224,000 / year. This range represents a combination of annual base pay and targeted commission. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.