Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Accounting & Finance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
Ushur is transforming the way enterprises communicate and engage with customers. Fueled by consumer’s self-service demands, enterprises are modernizing customer engagement and experience models. Ushur is fast becoming the platform of choice for Customer Experience Automation™, enabling these enterprises to leapfrog their digital native counterparts and deliver delightful customer and employee experiences. With cutting-edge Conversational AI, Machine Learning and Intelligent Process Automation technologies, Ushur has enabled Fortune 100 enterprises including some of the world’s most well known brands in healthcare, insurance, banking and financial services sectors to automate their customer engagement. Cloud-native, 100% no-code and purely workflow-driven, Ushur empowers citizen developers within business operations teams to build AI-powered, fully-automated and omni-channel experience to digitally transform customer journeys end-to-end.
We are looking for a CFO to supervise all financial tasks of our company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially. This is a leadership position and you will be a valuable member of the executive team. The CFO responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies, managing accounting teams, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run. You will report into the CEO.
- Work alongside the leadership team to help the company grow in a safe and sustainable manner
- Drive the company’s financial planning from start to finish with clear deliverables for the CEO, executive team and board of directors
- Design, Develop and Manage the financial architecture for the company’s short/medium/long term.
- Create and facilitate the monthly and annual budgeting processes
- Manage foreign entity financials (India)
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Review and provide counsel on sales contracts and assist in contract negotiations.
- Support sales with deal and pricing analysis.
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manage Ushur’s equity program
- Manage the financial analysis, accounting and legal function
- Proven work experience as a CFO, Head of Finance, VP, Finance or similar role
- CPA or CMA
- 5+ years of enterprise SaaS experience in growing startup environments
- Raised capital from top tier VCs for Series C or Series D at least once and negotiated venture debt
- Intimate knowledge of software and SaaS subscription metrics like ARR, NRR, CAC, Churn, Magic Number etc.
- You are self-motivated, self-directed, eager to grow, and have integrity
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, optimizing A/R and A/P, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Experience or knowledge of transfer pricing to manage a foreign subsidiary
- Experience managing a CAP Table
- Experience in setting up the full stack of financial software systems for: ERP, Expense management, financial planning, project management and any other necessary tooling.
- Interfacing with legal/sales operations on customer contracts
- Managing and administering sales compensation
- Manage and operate the Board Meeting agenda, minutes, and Board package.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models, setting up controls and working with auditors to establish policies and processes
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Leadership abilities
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in accounting and equity management softwares
- The pay range for this position is $250,000 to $325,000 plus bonus and equity. However, base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves on having a values based culture that is welcoming, intentional, and respectful. Our internal NPS of over 65 speaks for itself - employees recommend Ushur as a great place to work!
Bring your whole self to work. We are focused on building a diverse culture, with innovative ideas where you and your ideas are valued. We are a start up and know that every person has a significant impact!
Rest and Relaxation. Unlimited PTO, once a month wellness Fridays (aka a day off to care for yourself), 11 paid holidays, and more!
Health Benefits. Comprehensive health, dental and vision 100% paid by Ushur (this includes family too!). We offer a variety of plans to meet the needs of you and your loved ones.
We care about your Future. 401(k) platform so you can contribute and generous stock options
Keep learning. One of our core values is Growth Mindset - we believe in lifelong learning. Whether you are a previous student, or currently enrolled in higher education, we can help cover some of those expenses and support your ongoing development and career growth.
Flexible Work. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location. We seek to create an environment for all of our employees where they can thrive in both their profession and personal life.
See more open positions at Ushur
Something looks off?