Senior Technical Writer
Marketing & Communications, IT
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
Ushur is transforming the way enterprises communicate and engage with customers. Fueled by consumer’s self-service demands, enterprises are modernizing customer engagement and experience models. Ushur is fast becoming the platform of choice for Customer Experience Automation™, enabling these enterprises to leapfrog their digital native counterparts and deliver delightful customer and employee experiences. With cutting-edge Conversational AI, Machine Learning and Intelligent Process Automation technologies, Ushur has enabled Fortune 100 enterprises including some of the world’s most well known brands in healthcare, insurance, banking and financial services sectors to automate their customer engagement. Cloud-native, 100% no-code and purely workflow-driven, Ushur empowers citizen developers within business operations teams to build AI-powered, fully-automated and omni-channel experience to digitally transform customer journeys end-to-end.
Designation: Senior Technical Writer
Location: Bengaluru, India
Experience: 5 - 8 Years
● Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves on having a values-based culture that is welcoming, intentional, and respectful. Our internal NPS of over 65 speaks for itself - employees recommend Ushur as a great place to work!
● Bring your whole self to work. We are focused on building a diverse culture, with innovative ideas where you and your ideas are valued. We are a start-up and know that every person has a significant impact!
● Rest and Relaxation. Flexi Leave policy to avail 13 Paid leaves & 12 paid sick Leaves, wellness Fridays off (aka a day off to care for yourself- every mid-month Friday of the month) and more!
● Health Benefits. Preventive health checkups, Medical Insurance covering the dependents, wellness sessions, and health talks at the office
● Keep learning. One of our core values is Growth Mindset - we believe in lifelong learning. Certification courses are reimbursed. Ushur Community offers wide resources for our employees to learn and grow.
● Flexible Work. In-office or hybrid working model, depending on position and location. We seek to create an environment for all our employees where they can thrive in both their professional and personal life.
Why join us?
We are passionate about Ushur, our product, and helping our employees grow and develop in their careers in a caring, collaborative environment. We offer a very competitive compensation plan & stock options for the ideal candidates.
- The experience you need:
- BS/BA in English, Communications, Engineering, or a related field is required
- 5 – 8 years of hands-on experience writing technical documentation in U.S. English for technology products
- Preferred experience in Enterprise and/or SaaS environment
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with geographically distributed colleagues from engineering, product management, support, and other key stakeholders
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work with strict deadlines
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong experience working with structured XML authoring tools, and proficiency in the use of DITA
- Experience writing API docs is preferred
- Applicants must submit writing samples to be considered for this role
- What You'll Do:
- Write customer-facing documentation to support the development in the required product areas. Provide technical writing assistance to other departments as the business requires
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to gather the information required to build effective product documentation and enable a better customer experience
- Assimilate and organize a large amount of technical information into targeted topics that users can easily find and apply
- You need to ensure consistency and thoroughness in all written material to ensure execution excellence
- As a user advocate, you will evaluate Ushur software products and provide feedback to improve functionality and usability
- Ensure that documentation consistently aligns with corporate branding, user interface texts, product training, and other information assets across the organization
- Assist with the migration of legacy documentation into XML topic-based (DITA) format
- Gather and analyse feedback from customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to support business process and content improvements
- Demonstrate a focus on achieving outcomes with excellent attention to detail